SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – DESIGN DIVISION
The Senior Project Manager is a licensed engineer who specializes in the structural design of low to mid-rise residential, commercial, and industrial projects. They report directly to the Division Manager, seal their own drawings, and they collaborate closely with the design team, and delegate tasks to manage project deadlines and budgets.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs structural design work on schedule and within project budgets to drive profitable projects and produce highly satisfied customers
- Interfaces with clients (architects, contractors, building owners, property managers, etc..) via phone calls, email, and in-person meetings to ensure that project deliverable expectations are clearly communicated, project deadline commitments are met, and that all clients have exceptional customer service experience interacting with the design team
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of structural construction documents and stamps structural drawings
- Provides the administrative team with timely and accurate quotes for pricing and anticipated start and completion dates for projects
- Assists in the team effort of training junior engineers through experience, mentorship, and professional development planning
- Other duties may be assigned.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering (with a focus in structures) or equivalent and 6+ years of related experience and/or training; or a Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (M.S. or M.C.E.) or equivalent and 4+ years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret building Codes, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and other business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; drafting software (AutoCAD or similar); structural calculation software (Enercalc and RetainPro or similar); and structural modeling software (RISA 2D/3D or similar).
- North Carolina Professional Engineer (PE) license is required.
Directly supervises the work of up to approximately five engineers in the Design Division. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, as well as planning, assigning, and delegating work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Performance of site visits and other fieldwork often requires crawling through confined spaces beneath structures and/or traversing and climbing through unfinished attics.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you fit the description and desire to advance your career at Stonewall Structural Engineering, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any letters of recommendation that you would like to provide. We will review your information and let you know the next steps. You can contact us at email@example.com.