PROJECT ENGINEER I
Stonewall Structural Engineering is actively seeking two entry level Project Engineers to join our growing team! We empower passionate and energetic employees and seek candidates who share this excitement to work with a top-notch, industry-leading company that provides award-winning service to each client. The selected Engineers will be responsible for performing field observations, designing structural modifications, as well as generating concise and accurate reports. We want individuals who are outgoing, creative, and team-oriented with a passion for the outdoors and exploring new places!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate structural loads per the NC Building Code, IBC, and other codes as required
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software
- Perform field inspections, consult directly with clients, and prepare reports
- Prepare structural framing calculations and details of structural systems
- Manage workflow and stay ahead of schedule on client projects and tasks
- Strategically and professionally represent Stonewall Structural Engineering in client engagement meetings both in-person and over the phone
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Civil Engineering (or other related field), or significant relevant experience with ability to earn the NC “Engineering Intern” certification within 1 year
- Clean, organized writing style and word processor proficiency
- Basic understanding of structural systems and load paths
- Familiarity with structural design software and AutoCAD
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning and a curious mind
- Teamwork mentality—you will work closely within our engineering team where collaboration is essential to our success
- Strategic thinker—we will challenge you to think outside the box and have fun!
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you fit the description and desire to advance your career at Stonewall Structural Engineering, please submit your résumé, cover letter, and any letters of recommendation. We will review your information and let you know the next steps.