Stonewall Structural Engineering is actively seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our growing team! We empower passionate and energetic employees and are seeking a candidate who shares our excitement to work with a company that provides award-winning service to each client. The selected Engineer will be responsible for working on a wide variety of projects at all phases from design through construction including designing structural layouts, connection details, and structural calculations, performing field observations, coordinating RFI responses and designing structural modifications, as well as generating concise and accurate reports. We want individuals who are outgoing, creative, and team-oriented with a passion for creative solutions and exploring new places!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate structural loads per the NC Building Code, IBC, and other codes as required
- Analyze structures using a combination of hand calculations and structural engineering software
- Prepare structural framing calculations and details of structural systems
- Perform field inspections, consult directly with clients, and prepare reports
- Manage workflow and stay ahead of schedule on client projects and tasks
- Strategically and professionally represent Stonewall Structural Engineering in client engagement meetings both in-person and over the phone
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Civil Engineering (or other related field)
- 3-7 years minimum of structural design experience in steel, concrete, masonry, and wood
- RISA-3D proficiency and familiarity with AutoCAD
- Clean, organized writing style and word processor proficiency
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning and a curious mind
- Teamwork mentality—you will work closely within ourengineering team where collaboration is essential to our success
- Strategic thinker—we will challenge you to think outside the box and have fun!
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you fit the description and desire to advance your career at Stonewall Structural Engineering, please submit your résumé, cover letter, and any letters of recommendation.