Stonewall Structural Engineering is actively seeking full time and part time Engineering Interns to join our growing team! We empower passionate and energetic employees and seek candidates who share this excitement to work with a top-notch, industry-leading company that provides award-winning service to each client. The selected Interns will provide crucial support for our Project Engineers as they perform field observations, designstructural modifications, and generate concise and accurate reports. We want individuals who are outgoing, creative, and team-oriented with a passion for the outdoors and exploring new places!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist Project Engineers in performance of the following:
- Calculate structural loads per the NC Building Code, IBC, and other codes as required
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software
- Perform field inspections, consult directly with clients, and prepare reports
- Prepare structural framing calculations and details of structural systems
- Manage workflow and stay ahead of schedule on client projects and tasks
- Strategically and professionally represent Stonewall Structural Engineering in client engagement meetings both in-person and over the phone
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current enrollment in a Civil Engineering (or other related field) BS, Engineering Technology, orAssociates Degree program
- Clean, organized writing style, and word processor proficiency
- Introductory understanding of structural systems and load paths
- Valid driver’s license and clean record
- Passion for learning and a curious mind
- Teamwork mentality—you will work closely with our engineering team in a hands-on support role where collaboration is essential to our success
- Strategic thinker—we will challenge you to think outside the box and have fun!
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you fit the description and desire to begin your career with an internship at Stonewall Structural Engineering, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any letters of recommendation. We will review your information and let you know the next steps.