2021 SUMMER ENGINEERING INTERN
Stonewall Structural Engineering is actively seeking applicants for our 2021 Summer Internship! We empower passionate and energetic employees and seek candidates who share this excitement to work with a top-notch, industry-leading company that provides award-winning service to each client. Selected interns will assist with performing field observations, drafting engineering reports, and working with our engineers to design repair solutions for commercial and residential structures. Extensive, hands-on, on-the-job training will be provided. We want individuals who are outgoing, creative, and team-oriented with a passion for excellent customer service and problem-solving. If you’re looking for an internship with real-world engineering experience, this is it!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform field observations, consult directly with clients, and prepare field reports
- Assess damaged structures and work directly with our engineering team to develop feasible repair plans
- Manage workflow and stay ahead of schedule on client projects and tasks
- Work with structural engineering software to model and analyze structural members for performance under Code-prescribed loading conditions
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current college or university student in Engineering or Applied Science (or related degree)
- Clean, organized writing style and word processor proficiency
- Familiarity with structural design software and AutoCAD is a plus but not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning and a curious mind
- Teamwork mentality—you will work closely within our engineering team where collaboration is essential to our success
- Strategic thinker—we will challenge you to think outside the box and have fun!
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you fit the description and desire to advance your career at Stonewall Structural Engineering, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any letters of recommendation that you would like to provide. We will review your information and let you know the next steps. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.